The Cochran Firm -Dothan represents victims and their families for injuries and deaths caused by the failure of nursing homes to provide the care their patients need and deserve. Nearly two million Americans live in nursing homes, yet recent studies indicate nearly 90% of all nursing homes are understaffed, which is often a result of selfish motives to put profits ahead of patient care.
Abuse and neglect and the injuries they cause include:
- Falls, drops, dislocations, and fractures
- Dehydration and malnutrition
- Financial abuse and exploitation
- Senior citizen or elder abuse
- Inadequate staffing, training, and negligent supervision claims
- Medication and prescription errors
- Inappropriate use of physical or chemical restraints
- Physical, emotional, and psychological abuse
- Bedsores (decubitus ulcers), pressure sores, and infections
More and more, nursing homes are being used as rehabilitation centers for patients recovering from surgeries or other medical procedures. Though many of these facilities attempt to provide rehabilitative care, they are not qualified or capable of meeting the needs of recovering patients.
Lawyers with The Cochran Firm – Dothan can help shield and safeguard the elderly against the shortcuts and failings of nursing homes by carefully evaluating the underlying merits of each claim. We use highly qualified experts to review each case to determine if errors were made during the care of the patient.
Nursing home defendants rely on the sizeable financial resources of their insurers, but The Cochran Firm –Dothan has the resources and the experience to aggressively fight for victims of nursing home negligence and abuse and provide the results and dignity they deserve.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse in Dothan or the Wiregrass area, contact the lawyers with The Cochran Firm – Dothan to schedule your initial consultation. Call 334-673-1555 today.